What do I have to do under the Party Wall Act?


The local authority do not enforce the Party Wall Act.  You may be required to enter into negotiations with your neighbour if you are carrying out work to, on or near the party wall or boundary.  You may need the services of a Party Wall Surveyor.  Details can be obtained from the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.  

View more information about Party Walls
Opens in a new window

This advice relates solely to Building Control Opens in a new window matters and you should consult the planning pages of the website or the planning portal Opens in a new window website for advice on planning matters.