I have not got consent for some work that has been done, what do I do?


An owner may apply in writing to the Council for a regularisation certificate where unauthorised works have commenced on or after the 11th November 1985.  The Council on receipt of such application may require the applicant to lay open the unauthorised work for inspection, make tests and take samples and require any other reasonable steps to be taken.  A regularisation certificate may be given where the Council has been able to satisfy themselves that the relevant requirements of the Building Regulations have been met.  A charge, which is non-refundable, is generally paid on submission of the application.

Download Regularisation Application Form

This advice relates solely to Building Control Opens in a new window matters and you should consult the planning pages of the website or the planning portal Opens in a new window website for advice on planning matters.