Do I need approval to carry out repairs to my house, shop or office?


No, not if the repairs are of a minor nature  for example replacing the felt to a flat roof, repointing brickwork or replacing floorboards.

If the repair work is major in nature e.g. removing a substantial part of a wall and rebuilding it, or underpinning building approval may be required.  Please contact Building Control for further advice on 01276 707223.

This advice relates solely to Building Control Opens in a new window matters and you should consult the planning pages of the website or the planning portal Opens in a new window website for advice on planning matters.