If the following criteria are met. The conservatory will be exempt from the Building Regulations providing:-
- the internal floor area does not exceed 30m²,
- the roof is transparent or translucent (polycarbonate or similar material which allows light to pass through),
- the conservatory is constructed at ground floor level,
- the conservatory is separated from the rest of the dwelling by a doors and/or windows of external quality.
- Glass in critical locations is safety glass. EURoeCritical locations" means up to 1500mm from floor level in doors and side panels, and up to 800mm from floor level in windows.