Free lunchtime seminars book now!
We have recently set up CPD seminars and training updates for local agents, architects, builders and contractors. The aim of the seminars is to keep local professionals up to date with the latest techniques within the building industry as well as keeping them informed of changes to the Building Regulations as and when they occur.
Following each seminar, CPD certificates will be issued.
Seminars will be held at Surrey Heath House, Knoll Road, Camberley Surrey GU15 3HD. The presentations will last around an hour and are followed by a light buffet lunch. You will have the opportunity to discuss the topic further with the presenter as well as network with the Surrey Heath Building Control team.
2017 dates coming soon...
For information on our 2016 seminars please see below.
If you would like to book a place at a seminar or be added to our email invitation list please contact Sarah Cooper on 01276 707248 or email CPD@surreyheath.gov.uk
Please arrive at 11.50am for registration and refreshments.
The presentation qualifies for 1 hour’s CPD and will start at 12 noon.
You can click here for directions to our offices and parking information. Please note that the event will be held in our Council Chamber accessed through entrance C
Wednesday 29th June – Isosonic Dekfloor 30 - single deck acoustic floor system
This CPD will cover:-
- Approved Document Part E requirements
- Basic principles of acoustics in the domestic environment
- Methods of building regulation compliance
- Overview of products – including the latest solutions
Tuesday 20th September – Recticel - U value calculations and Condensation risk. “back to basics”
This CPD will cover:-
- How a U value is arrived at, the various changes over recent years and what will affect its overall result
- Various insulation materials available, their strengths and weaknesses
- Different terms used in any calculation and shows how they interact
- Risk of condensation, why it occurs, likely scenarios for its creation and points on how to design out any problems
- Importance of airtightness and ways to ensure an energy efficient building
- Thermal bridging and its effects
Wednesday 19th October – Icopal Wolfin - Cost Effective Refurbishment of Failed Flat Roofs
This CPD looks at and explains an innovative solution for therefurbishment of failed flat roofs by using the vapour permeablecharacteristics of the WOLFIN polymeric single ply membranes.
By using this solution the stripping of the existing roof componentsand disposal of them can be avoided.